Thursday, April 23, 2009

a rising photographer

This is the work of an old friend. I've been telling him for a long time that his photography is incredible, that he needs to frame things and hang things. Tonight I opened Vanguard's literary journal, Synecdoche, and saw that not one, but two of his pictures were published in it this year. So proud.
I wish I was bold enough to take a picture like this.


I see an awesome eye for design element in his work. I get frustrated and bored with this style of photography in my own work, and I really don't have an eye for it. He does though.





This photograph was one that was published in the journal. In black and white it doesn't look nearly as good as this one.


The colour in this and the texture catch my eye.
The first time I saw this picture I was speechless. This tells a story, captures the beauty, and personality of this woman. I think he said that he took it with the camera at his side...

Awesome great depth of field. The coffee cherries pull your eye back and let you focus on the whole picture, not just what is next to the lens.

Personally, I am drawn to pictures of people, and pictures that say something the most.

This, to me, captures the relational side of women. It tells their story, and gives us a glimpse of their personalities. Beautiful.
He captures beauty in the things that most people take for granted, walk by or over, and disregard as unworthy of attention. Keep goin man.

2 comments:

Becka_Bo said...

Absolutely beautiful.

Sharon said...

I love these pictures (and your photographer friend) also.