Sunday, April 12, 2009

family vacation, part 3

This afternoon we visited Hearst's Castle. Always amazing.

On the way home my mom wanted to stop at Moonstone Beach. It's one of my favorites because the rocks you can find on it are colourful and smooth as glass. Since I was little I have always looked for "treasure". At the lake, at the beach, at the river-rocks, sticks, glass you name it and I was looking for it. Well, I found out today that I got that from my dad. He and I walked down the beach for a good half hour looking for pretty little stones to put in our pockets. He got so excited, and started saying things that I think when I collect shells and stuff. It was cool.

Driving home I said to him,

"I have a pocket full of rocks and I'm a happy girl."

He laughed and replied,

"Well you can thank your great grandmother because she's the one that got me into pickin up stuff."

Thank you great-grandma...man, grandma's are awesome.

No comments: