Thursday, April 9, 2009

home hunting

I have been thinking lately that I am blessed to have so many places that I call home.

I have my home, where my parents live. In the summer it is a mountain getaway that everyone wishes they had. It is cool and when a breeze blows at night and all you can hear is the sound of crickets and maybe 1 or 2 cars on the highway it feels like heaven. In the winter (or April) it is a cozy winter wonderland. Complete with a fireplace, hot chocolate and lots of time to read and relax.

Then I have my grandmother's home. When I go home for Christmas or breaks it is inevitable that I spend half my time in this house; the house that I have wanted to "run away" to since I was 4 or 5. When I go there I am guaranteed to receive overflowing amounts of love. Cookies or chex mix are often found in their usual places and chocolates most often on the coffee table. My grandma and I often have really good conversations and I regularly end up staying late.

I have my home at 1201 Fairhaven Drive, with Billy and Jonie Archie. I lived there last summer, in a garden dreamland that brought healing and joy to my life. Along with the two of them I got the most amazing couches ever, a whole group of college students that I love and a random grey cat that sometimes wandered into our house. The office I lived in is still affectionately dubbed "ashley's room".

I also have a home at the Robeck's house. I go there and feel free to look in the cupboards for a snack or pour myself a cup of coffee. I know I will always be greeted with 3 and 4 year old smiles and hugs. Dinner is always incredible. I have a little sister there that LOVES to play barbies with me and there is a cute (to say the least) little boy who says to me "ashee dont leave". I am always encouraged and loved on there.

The reason I write this is because we are house hunting right now, for a place to live for the next year in Costa Mesa. I hope this house will feel like the above.

1 comment:

Cristina Robeck said...

Ok you also forgot the Robeck house is also crazy and LOUD!!! Love you so so much!