Monday, September 22, 2008

sufjan stevens and the rain

Amanda told me yesterday, she loves that I never take anything for granted. And now that I think about it, I do try really hard not to...maybe thats why I'm obsessed with describing all my little moments, why my blog is ridden with descriptions of perfect moments and why I'm constantly taking a deep breath as I take in a moment.

So today's moment: Right now, as I write this, I am sitting in our kitchen, remember the huge bay window and the english garden in the back? Its overcast, and I am reading and studying William Wordsworth for the first time. I've read two poems and I'm already in love with him. Its warm in the kitchen and Sufjan is going in the background. Plus, today I got a package..full of paintbrushes and other assorted items. (katie, thanks for the letter, it made me cry. :) )

One thing that is so different here than the U.S. is school. One on one tutorials and educating yourself..its incredible. I just finished a paper on Shakespeare last night and today I am already researching for my next one, which I want done on Friday night. On Friday I have to go get books out of the Faculty library so I can start researching for the third paper over the weekend, because it is due (along with the second one) next Friday. The turnover rate is ridiculous.

No comments: