This morning I woke up around 6:30 (I blame jetlag for this godforsaken hour) and read for a little bit. Then my stomach insisted that I go down and get something to eat. I tiptoed down the stairs into the most beautiful kitchen ever and started some hot water for tea. I had that and some bread with cream cheese, definately a breakfast that I learned to love in Poland.
After about 20 minutes of me sitting next to the window looking out at the garden one of the guys came in from a run. We started talking and by the time other people started trickling in we were on the topic of racial/class tensions in GB and the US. The differences between the two and then moved on to postcolonial culture and some other good stuff. Its so different, the conversation here. Mostly authors, politics, economics, current events...with some amazingness mixed in.
1 comment:
some of my favorite conversations to this day have been with those whom come from a different context.
Perspective!
Post a Comment