Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Painting in the Park

On Sunday a few people found out that I like to be artistic sometimes. Quickly teatime turned into a frantic planning mode and running around to get art supplies. John, a hero by the way, rode his bike all the way back to the other house just to get his paints. We converged in the middle of the park and found a nice place, by a bridge and a beautiful willow tree, to set up.

The next hour and a half consisted of painting while talking about theology, philosophy and life. I gave out a few technique points and they returned the favor with overenthusiastic worship of my knowledge.

Happy.

We decided to make a weekly tradition, painting in the park before we go back to Crick ( the house that I live in, so dubbed because it is located at 8 Crick road) for tea. John came up to me this morning and said "Dude I'm dyin! My painting needs to be finished, I can't wait for next week!!" Yay, the creative inspiration continues to spread.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

I'm sending your brushes (at least that's what I think they are...) that arrived from Des.

Unknown said...

Sweet. I want to paint!

Laurel said...

you've found your wonderland and will never come back now!

Cristina Robeck said...

you better come back! :)