Sunday, September 7, 2008

High Church

This morning a few girls and I got up and went to an anglican church. I dont really know what that means.. but it was high church. (So, order of service, incence, hyms, responce readings, super traditional). This is something I've never experienced before and coming from Rock Harbor it was rather interesting, but I actually loved it.

Mostly about this stained glass windowed, incence filled church I love being around the wise old men that attend there. There was one, who sat across the isle from me, who helped me with the order of service and showed me what to do during communion. Later I learned that he had been attending the church since 1949. Sheesh. After service the people were so nice, super welcoming and so excited that we were there. It was fun too, to leave from there and go thrift store shopping in Oxford.

Tomorrow we officially start. But for right now I'm sitting in our wonderful kitchen surrounded by a tun of people who love to read and talk about books as much as I do. And there's talk of going to Paris in the air...

No comments: