Thursday, September 25, 2008

beautiful bath

We went romping through Bath. These are baths from the first century, Roman originally. This is the grand bath, the water comes from 2 miles underground, and its warm.
These are mine and Christye's feet. She dipped her toes in, I watched :) (definately against the rules)



A reflection my eye saw...yay photography class.
This is me, peeking out from behind a column out front of the Roman Baths. This was after lunch, we ate in one of the town squares, while we were serenaded by a trubador. After he was done we tipped him, he asked me where I was from and I told him I go to school in CM. He said"I love costa mesa! I just got back on friday from Huntington Beach!" After lunch we went and got icecream.

Then Simon, Jonathan, and Dr. Baigent (ppl who work for the program) led us around on a wirlwind tour of Bath.
This is Bath Abbey, beautiful. The ceilings and stained glass are just captivating.


This is a house in the Queen's square, and it was so beautiful. Jane Austen lived on the opposite corner to this building, while she visited Bath. Funny thing about her, she hated it here.

This is the view opposite of the house, so, it was behind me when i took the picture above this one. Jane Austen stayed in the house you can see through the trees, on the corner to the right.

















This is the right half of the Royal Crescent. This is
where the King and his court would have stayed. You can sortof see the crescent shape from my pictures, the most impressive thing is that when you stand here you are unable to see the whole thing, you actually have to turn your body to look at it all. The wall at the bottom of the pictures is there to keep the lower class away from the royalty. It would have been very visable to them, but completely invisable to anyone on the grass on the royal side of it. We of course, climbed it.

Today I am working on my wordsworth paper some more. Right now I have about 1000 words...yaay!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I remember Bath! I remember it smelling. But then it was 20 something years ago, and I might be a little fuzz. I'm glad you are out there having fun too.