This is a dream come true...times ten. Right now I am sitting at my window desk. Looking out at the front of number 8 Crick Road, Oxford, England. There are little brick cottages and trees and green grass and raindrops on the window. Its overcast..because when is England not overcast? My shoes (Catherine, this is where you come in) are muddy and wet because a group of us went walking in the Oxford park this afternoon. Its less than a block away. :) I have a stack of Shakespeare on my desk, along with some Browning, Goethe (for when I go to Germany), Lewis and Dickinson. Next to the stack of books is the most wonderful pictureframe I've ever owned. :)
Then the bus. I was most nervous about this part. Mostly because all my life my biggest pet peeve has been looking like a tourist. There was one point where I had to squeeze my bags through a little hole in a railing while wearing a backpack larger than my body. Lets just say I got one through, then turned around and nocked it over with my backpack, got the other one through, and then it fell over while I was righting the first. All this is happening while I am trying to not fall over myself. (please, stop judging me)
I caught the bus at 8:30, which was fun because there were about 5 other students from the same program traveling on it. We talked and met each other and watched the countryside go by. We got into Oxford and I just about died. My words cant do justice so I will save it for later.
4 comments:
How tall are you supposed to be to use that mirror?!
(or, conversely, how short are you supposed to be to use that sink?)
Glad to hear that you are safely established, and that you apparently threw out clothes instead of books in the Great Luggage Reduction.
sounds like everything is amazing!! im so happy that it is! miss you tons and i will continue to pray for you!
Yeah baby! Your there! I already miss you so much. I love the bathroom...cozy...:)So do you miss me yet? do ya, do ya? who am I kidding... of course you do. I love you big time and I am glad you are already having fun.
AAAHHHH this sounds and looks so so so so amazing. Can you hear the excitement and twinge of jealousy in my voice?
Post a Comment