Tuesday, February 2, 2010

sfo



San Francisco Outreach update: 

This last week we had a prayer meeting in a little studio appt in Costa Mesa for the trip. I was an awesome time to get together and talk and hang out in Megan's little place. Beth played the guitar and we listened to some poetry too-which kind of gives you a picture of the kinds of people going on this trip. 

We were also given a list of people to call this week, contact and set up days to work with organizations. I was given Mark Scandrette, our main contact, whom I adore after reading his book about community living and creativity. He called me back today, and we had an awesome conversation about places to stay and things our team can do (walks through the city, beautification projects, poetry slams, prayer flags) while we are there. I'm totally excited. 

Our first team meeting (with the students) is this week and I am pumped for it. As of right now there are about 30 students signed up to go and each of the leaders, I among them, will be given 5 or 6 students to actually lead through the week. Something I am also excited about- not walking through the city in a group of 30. Seriously, if you saw a group of 30 white kids with backpacks on walking by your front door what would you think??


Pastor Evan (in red) runs the homeless church we work with in the city– we love him and his excitement, zeal even, for life. 

1 comment:

Amber said...

this makes my heart joyful...I wish i could come with you!!! So much!