Monday, February 22, 2010

coming to terms with blue

For a long time I have shied away from the color blue. I am completely drawn to anything in the color pallet of brown–burnt orange, mustard yellow, sage green–and my whole life reflects it. My quilt, first and foremost. My clothes are all of these colors and they match all of the furniture that belongs to me and mine. I chose my pens and paper based on those colors, my coffee mugs, my shoes, art that I like. 

Yet I find myself surrounded by blue lately. 

The majority of my closet is blue. Blue jackets, blue shirts, blue tank tops (How did this happen??!). I even found myself trying on more blue things last night with my sister. I've been painting with blue lately. I want blue shoes and blue hats. I'm looking at blue in photography and noticing when authors use blue to describe in my literature homework. My favorite pair of eyes are blue. 

Maybe I just need to give up and embrace it. So much of me doesn't think that blue has a place in my color pallet. But apparently blue thinks it does. 

1 comment:

Cristina Robeck said...

If you step back and look at the colors that you love so, blue is your accent color!!! It fits right in making a little splash of notice me. I love it and your blue is warm and cozy so wear it proudly!!! :)