
Tonight, after a crazy busy day, we as a leadership team got to meet and hang out with the students we will be going to the city with over spring break! I realized while we were in the meeting who these individuals would actually become over the next six weeks of my life. They will become friends, team members, people I stay up late at night with and serve side by side. I am going to have deep conversations with these students, get to know them and their stories and learn from them. I feel really blessed to be able to talk with them and begin to know who they are.
I left the meeting more excited for the trip. I can't wait to be there. I also realized the difference between this year and last year as far as my health goes. It is incredible to me how awful I felt at this time last year. I had headaches, chills, my body ached unceasingly– it is amazing what the proper medicine will do for ones body. I felt great tonight, incredible even. I am so thankful for that.
Speaking of thankful.
I follow a few blogs that participate in "Thankful Thursdays". I think I will, because of my bad attitude and negativity about life sometimes, follow suit.
a) I am thankful for my health this year.
b) I am thankful to be involved in this outreach trip.
c) For my warm cozy bed waiting for me at home.
d) Friends who love me, care about me, and pour into me.
e) Caleb and Rebekah- so much joy comes from them.
f) My church, and all the amazing ways I get to be involved there.
Just a few for now, however I could probably just list and list and list. But right now I need to go home and get some sleep.
*picture taken by Megan Mcdanel, via her phone. I'm the one moving my bangs out of my face with the orange shirt on.
1 comment:
I love you! I am so thankful you are a part of my life and you post to this blog so I can be reminded of the good things going on around me and be thankful too!
Post a Comment