Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Heather and Patrick


Hey friends, I just got an email from my friend Heather. I had the most wonderful conversations over tea with her in Oxford and I am so thrilled for her tonight. She is from the Pacific Northwest and I believe Patrick is studying abroad from Kenya. She is incredible and I love how happy she is. 

Hello dear friends!

Patrick and I are engaged! We spent this past weekend in Missoula talking with my parents, and were so affirmed and encouraged by their their support.  Then this morning Patrick came over early and we biked to Gasworks Park for a picnic breakfast.  We stood by the railing looking out over the lake, and then I started to put my gloves on for the ride back, but Patrick held my hands and got down on one knee and asked if I would marry him!  I said yes, and we both just stood there smiling and laughing and hugging each other -- we are so excited and so ready to be engaged!  We are planning to get married on July 17 at Rainier Avenue Church in Seattle, so get excited for an invitation coming your way in the next few months.  Thank you for all of your prayers and support through this process, and we look forward to celebrating with you every chance we get!

Love,

Heather and Patrick



No comments: