Sunday, February 7, 2010

adventures with eli

This semester I have been hanging out with the Youd boys every Friday. Eli and I drop Ryan off at school at 10:10 and then until 1:30 its just us. In the past we have done fun things like go to the park, play outside in the complex or go for walks to pass the time. But this last Friday the sky was full of rain. 

So we did inside things. Tully's coffee shop is in the Woodbridge area, about two blocks from their home and anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE coffee. We went there, played for a little bit and walked around in the courtyard. Then we wandered into Barnes and Noble (again another love of mine). 

We played peek-aboo around the bookshelves, read lots and lots of Valentines Day and Elmo books. He also found large copies of his favorites, Good Night Moon and Goodnight Gorilla and we read them on the floor. It was a wonderful rainy afternoon and after we were done looking we went home for lunch. 




*sorry about the picture, I really have absolutely no idea how to get it to rotate and save that way on a mac..

One of the great things about Eli is that he is learning to say lots and lots of words right now, but some consonants don't come out quite right. A few weeks ago I was trying to teach him my name. It came out sort of like "a-tee" at first, but now it sounds a lot like "o-tee" and mostly like he's calling me "hotie". Love it. 

No comments: