Thursday, November 6, 2008

ya its gunna be, alright! -beatles

This week my tutor (mr. superhero man) forgot to send me my reading list and question until Monday. He had sort of a stressful week so I kinda understand. It was a little frustrating however.

Monday night I got an email, telling me that having my essay done on Wednesday for the tutorial would be best however if I needed longer that would be okay. So Tuesday I read secondary sources and critics like crazy, and yesterday I spent all day putting together a working outline, building a thesis and making my argument to support it. I got pretty excited about my essay and went to my tutorial expecting to come home, write it and email it in Thursday.

Tuesday evening I took my stack of books to Green's (see post below) and I sat down upstairs. There was a girl sitting behind me on the phone. Talking to her parents about how she was sorta having a hard time and she was stressed. Then I heard her say "I don't know why they sent it to Azusa, they know I'm here". My ears perked up. Heart starts racing. (well..almost) At any rate I got excited and waited for her to get off the phone.

Now, those of you who know me, know that I am probably not the first person to turn around in a coffee shop and talk to a perfect stranger. My sister on the other hand, is. But I could not let this pass. So I turned around and asked her where she was from. "Well, California, but I go to Azusa Pacific University?" She had a look on her face like she thought I would have never heard of it. :)

"OH my gosh! My sister goes to APU! So COOL!"
"Really? woah this is weird"

So from then we spent 2 hours talking about ourselves, where we live, our schools, our friends, oxford and the stuff we've been doing. Heres the problem, that two hours was supposed to be me frantically studying, taking notes and working on my essay. The whole time I was feeling pressed because I had so much to get done. I invited her over for dinner and Guy Fawkes celebrations. So last night she came and ate pasta with us. (I had completed my working outline before she got here) We ate and then she walked me down to my tutorial. (Oh, and her parents live in Dubai, near Jordan's parents, so at dinner they got all excited and started talking about hanging out over Christmas)

On our walk she told me how she had been praying for some good friends, especially a connection in Dubai because when she goes there she doesn't know anyone. She was so excited to have met everyone in the house and we had totally blessed her by having her over.

Then I got to my tutorial, sorta worried about writing my essay. And Dr. Lawes said "I am so sorry for not sending you your questions. However there is nothing that says you absolutely have to write 8 essays, so would you be completely heartbroken if you didnt write one this week?"

:)

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Is it not so amazing and awesome that when we LISTEN to God prompting us to do something and then we DO it, that He so totally works out the details?

You GO, girl!

Kristen said...

ash... you would meet someone from apu. haha. that's amazing. i was working at the coffee shop today, and someone ordered a chai tea.. and i had a sudden flash back of meeting you at alta to catch up on our lives. that feels like years ago. i miss you roomie. :) it's amazing that we went from living together to having to get off campus together just to catch up. :) but that's life, and i love it. and you. i'm so glad you're having such amazing experiences. you're giving me the study abroad fever... i might just have to take an art class in italy or something. haha. love you!

Amber said...

Ooookay!! Awesome! First God is so good! Second what is her name?? I want to meet her!