Friday, November 21, 2008

the poetry corner

Tonight I had to go to Blackwell's and buy John Milton. I was in the poetry corner and so was my Shakespeare tutor Jonathan Thorpe. So we talked a bit about my winter reading and the wonderful Shakespeare lecture Ive been going to with Amanda. Then recommended me a poet, Bernard O'Donoghue, because he had O'Donoghue as a tutor when he was doing his undergrad work at Oxford. He said it was wonderful and that I should look at it sometime. Then we talked a bit more and I found my Milton and we said goodbye. Before I left I picked up a copy of O'Donoghue's selected poems and decided to buy it when I noticed the afformentioned copy was signed by the author. I also noticed on the way home that my poetry lecturer, Tom Paulin, has a review on the inside cover of the book. All the way home I had my nose in it, reading poem after poem. It was the shortest walk home I've ever had.

2 comments:

Amber said...

I feel like you and I might be connected somehow...lately I've been finding myself with my nose in a book while I'm walking...:) Love you sister dearest.

DesiraƩ Rochelle said...

we are sitting down when you return and sharing our new books with each other.