Sunday, November 30, 2008

the shakespeare man..again.

Last Tuesday Amanda and I, and laurel too, attended the Oxford Wells Shakespeare lecture again. This time there was a reception afterward, at the Oxford University Press shop on High Street. We got there and quickly the room began to fill with people. Soon we were standing around talking to our lecturers, authors and respected academics in Oxford.

Stanley Wells was also there, the event being in honor of him. He looked a bit tired but was buzzing around talking to everyone. He came over to Amanda and I, and asked us where we were from and what we are studying. He was witty, and so cute. I am really excited that I got to meet him. :)

I felt like an adult, standing there joking with people. It was fun to talk and listen to a few speeches and eat peanuts. My Shakespeare tutor was really excited when I told him about it. Stanley Wells was really excited when he heard Amanda and I had gone to every lecture.

No comments: