Monday, November 17, 2008

fifth week blues

Aparently there is something about fifth week at Oxford that gets everyone sorta down, or maybe we all get burnt out. All week long people were asking about fifth week blues. I can honestly say by Friday last week I was feelin something. Tired, burnt out and a little homesick for the people I love.





But today, was such a good day. I went to a Shakespeare lecture this morning, on Hamlet. I ate lunch (peanut butter sandwich). Then I went to the Lower Cam. (see below) and read from 2 until 5, then switched to the Duke Humfrey's library and read until 730.



The Duke Humfrey's library. Its a little like Narnia in there. Most of those books are from the 16th and 17th century.

I got home, after accomplishing a tun at the Bodley, I ate a spactacular dinner and got online for a bit. Guess who I found? Noah was online and I got to talk to him for a while, which is always wonderful and today it was so good for my heart. Then Cristina called, how could this day get any better? We talked and giggled for a while and it was SO good. After talking to my parents this weekend, and then these two today, I am completely over fifth week blues, and moving into sixth week craziness ready to go.

2 comments:

Cristina Robeck said...

AWESOME!!!!

Unknown said...

i love that your idea of a good day involves multiple libraries (oh, yeah, and people too).