
This is my favorite reading room, the Radcliffe Camera, part of the Bodleian Library. I'll try to get some pics of the inside eventually (definately not allowed, but you know me) The Upper Cam, is wonderful. When you walk in its a huge dome, two or three stories tall, with huge open windows that let tuns of light in. Sitting next to the windows you get the best views of the city. The ceilings are decorated with enormous floral patterns in a sky blue color. I get destracted by the beauty when I read up there.

This is Hollywell street. This is the street I take to get to the English Faculty Library from the Bodleian. Dad, up the street on the left is the BEST sandwich shop in Oxford. They have huge paninis, (my fav is the chicken pesto tomato and motzerella) and they are HOT, and taste so good on a cold day.

This is the inner courtyard of the Bodley, the bottom floor is the lower reading room, the first floor is the Duke Humpfrey's Library (where the books are so old you aren't allowed to touch them. Inside looks like something out of a movie. And the Upper reading room is on the second floor, which, though it has incredible views it often smells like academics who don't shower. Yuck.

This is the main entrance to the Old Bodleian, the inner courtyard and camera (as seen above) are located directly behind it. Behind where I am standing taking this picture is my favorite bookstore, Blackwell's. (The one I was telling you about tonight Dad)

This is a gate to one of the colleges that I walk by everyday to get to town.

Broad street at sunset...so wonderful.

This is Crick Road...my home. :) I took this about a week ago, so the leaves on the trees aren't really there anymore. But we live in the red brick one, on the right hand side. ( in this pic the left side of the red brick has its drapes closed, we dont live there, a rich south african man does) I love were I live, my room is the window at the very top of the house.
Hope this helps give you a good idea of the beauty...the more I try to capture it in words and on film the more I realize those things fail me, its indescribable.
2 comments:
you make us all want to travel-luv ya!
How absolutely beautiful!
...and wonderful! :D
Post a Comment