Thursday, May 14, 2009

the week of coffee

This week I have become real familiar with the daily routine of the Robeck house. Most mornings, I have woken up between 715 and 900 to the sound of footsteps on the hardwood floor or the coffee grinder. Either alarm I'll take any day.

I normally roll out of bed and plop down on the couch with the kids, who have long been watching Sesame Street and Clifford the Big Red Dog. "Ashley!" they yell, I love that they get so excited to see me in the morning; I need to marry someone like that. Soon after Cristina says, "there's coffee" and I'm off the couch before she can finish that phrase. Breakfast this week has included "the Giant pancake", honey nut Cheerios, yummy bread and lots of strawberries.

Shower, eventually. Maybe another cup of coffee. The kids go to school and around 11 I finally start the productive parts of my day.

After school the kids come home, and there is hanging out in the kitchen and playing outside in the dirt. So good. Dinner this week has been incredible. Every time.

Baths, pjs for everyone, books, bedtime, potty trips, Caleb laying in bed talking while JM, Cristina and I sit on the couch with our laptops and watch tv- with lots of coffee.

This may have been the most relaxing week of my life.

No comments: