Sunday, May 3, 2009

these are a few of my favorite things...

It doesn't take much to get me excited about life. Those of you who know me know that I am enthusiastic about a cup of coffee, will jump up and down at the idea of watching a documentary and give me a book and I am one happy girl. It's the simple things in life that count for me.

But there is one thing that reserves a special place in my heart-

Church potlucks.

I went to a shower for my good friends Laurel and Ethan. They are getting married this summer and had a shower at a church Ethan plays bass for. Well, each person who came brought something. Let me tell you there is nothing better than older women getting out their best recipes to share. Pasta and chicken salads, marshmellows, fruit, and lemonade; I think this may be what I would call American food. I fill my plate full of little piles of each kind of dish and slowly work my way around it trying a little bit of everything. I grew up on this stuff, it is so dear to me.

After the party was pretty much done I piled a second plate full and dug around the church kitchen for some tin-foil. The plate is in my fridge, and let me tell you, I am more than excited to eat it for dinner.

No comments: