Wednesday, May 20, 2009

and now there is internet...

Content with life is what I am in this moment. I am sitting in my dimly lit room, listening to the sound of my roommates fingers plucking away at guitar strings. There are candles lit, and the aroma from them lingers throughout the room.

There have been people in our home all day.

I was standing this afternoon, in Jessi’s room, and looked down into the park next to our house. I saw four of my favorite people playing on the swing set there and a huge smile spread across my face. Friends have been popping in and out all day, to get the tour and say hi real quick (12 in total). I can not begin to explain how happy and peaceful that makes me feel.

This evening I had the kids here. They played with play-dough at the counter, encountered Jason Hardy, and jumped off of the ledge between our split level kitchen and living room. The night ended with Cinderella and kajamas.

I’m reading The Color Purple this week, and I am about to crawl under my quilt and continue reading it. Probably until I fall asleep.

No comments: