Thursday, May 28, 2009

50 years





















So this afternoon I was looking through the Archie family photos. It's Mr. and Mrs. Archie's 50th wedding anneversary this weekend and I am painting a box that Billy bought for cards and letters and pictures and things.

How do you capture 50 years in just a few photographs? Granted, I had 500 to chose from but it was one of the hardest things I've done in a long time. I started looking through them and was amazed by the love and smiles; all of these pictures capture moments, bits and pieces of all their memories together. 50 years of loving one person, making a family with that person and growing old together.

Their story, their family's story is beautiful. There are births, pictures of playing and sleeping on Dad's lap. There are graduations, dances, football games and family vacations. Then there are weddings and accomplishments that they all came together to celebrate. There are pictures of kisses and 25th anniversaries; friends and family. I watch my friend Billy grow up and his parents always seem to radiate love and fun.

On the box I painted some of Kenny Roger's lyrics from their song, "Through the Years". The words of which, with these pictures, tie everything together.

No comments: