Sunday, May 24, 2009

wanderlust

I have to say I am a little bitter about my nonexistent travel plans for this year. It looks like, as far as right now goes, that I won't be leaving the country in 2009.

I have a friend, a kindred spirit, who spent last summer in Uganda, then traveled through Europe, lived in Oxford for a term and then went to Italy before returning home to surprise his unsuspecting mother for Christmas. Just found out that he is traveling around the United States this summer on a road trip but will also be traveling to China and Tibet this next month.

My friend Christy just returned from yet another trip to New Zealand and Cristina just spent the weekend in El Salvador. I am surrounded by people who are traveling the world right now and I feel a little left out. I wish I had the dollars to just hop on a plane to anywhere, but currently, I just need a job.

No comments: