So last week I picked up Cristina from the airport, and we had a crazy, all-you-can-eat errands day that ended with PF Chang's. So after we eat we walk around the Spectrum and the kids played by the fountains a bit. Well the big one in the middle they hopped right up on and started walking around.
Of course I couldn't resist, I hopped up there too.
So were walking around and around and I am following the leader, sometimes Caleb, sometimes Rebekah. Well I turn around and Caleb and I are walking toward each other, which presents a problem. Either
A) we run into each other
B) we have to strategically move around each other or
C) I am going to tickle him when we meet, and I don't blame him for thinking this.
He looked up at me, smiled as I was getting closer to him and then looked to his right at the water and
jumped in.
Used to this sort of behavior from him, (last summer at the pool, little stinker) I quickly bent down and grabbed him under the arm and pulled his rapidly sinking self out of the water. John Mark then reached down and pulled him all the way out of the fountain, shocked face and all.
By this point I almost peed myself laughing. Everyone around us that witnessed this deliberate and very wet event was laughing as well. Caleb and John Mark ran to the car, Caleb's clothes so wet that he could barely walk, and JM ended up carrying him the whole way.
Cristina told me last night that Caleb was talking to his uncle and said something to the extent of, "I was in the fountain and Ashee SAVED MY LIFE!"
No comments:
Post a Comment