This afternoon my wonderful friend and Shakespeare scholar Amanda called and invited me to dinner up in La Mirada. Of course I attended, I would never pass up Christy's cooking. So I went up and spent time with the girls and their friends. First, we had Havarti and Brie with crackers and little wine on the lawn. Then we made dinner, with a little more wine (this week was their finals week, so they were celebrating being off contract and completing another year). After dinner we made crepes, and put creamed honey, brown sugar and pecan nuts on them. Divine. Then we sat around in their house, drank coffee, relaxed, and talked about academic things, and not so academic things. Eventually there was another round of crepes.
Amanda and I are going to attend a Shakespeare festival in August. Apparently it is in Utah, so we are going to drive up for the weekend. She is reading a paper that she wrote at some point and it will probably be amazing. I am going to buy a new Shakespeare notebook (as the old one is full) and go to soak up as much knowledge as I can. I am actually really excited for that weekend.
I got back home this evening to find a pretty quiet house; which is surprising because tonight is probably the first time that has happened so far. I laid around for a while, reading. Could there be a better way to spend the evening?
2 comments:
you are coming to Utah? Where?
There is a shakespeare museum/ center thing in southern utah- cedar city, I think. That might be it.
maybe, I'll crash. and you can always keep driving north and see mi casa.
exactly...i was going to ask you if you wanted to come with us :)
Post a Comment