Tuesday, December 9, 2008

so close

I am working on a 4000 word essay currently. At the beginning of the semester writing 4000 words in one week terrified me, at this point I have until Thursday at 12 and I started this morning. (This is the point where John Mark and I would laugh at each other and start comparing paper writing experiences) Its going pretty good, sorta slow right now but I'm not going to go to bed until I am about halfway done. Which is still a ways off, but I have time. I am writing about Virginia Woolf, and how the ideas in To the Lighthouse and Mrs. Dalloway about art / creativity reflect ideas of the others in the Bloomsbury Group. Its pretty fun, which is good, cause I am almost completely drained. What is interesting about the Bloomsbury Group is all of their complicated relationships and its fun to see that dynamic play out in their work.

There is so much to write about though. I feel like I could write a dissertation about this, or a book.

2 comments:

Cristina Robeck said...

Ashley, I am amazingly proud of you. I hope you have a great Christmas break. We can’t wait to see you when you get back in town. You deserve the rest. By the way, I just finished my paper 7539 words of pure torture. It is the longest paper I have ever written.

Cristina Robeck said...

The above as you may know if from JM becuase why in the world woudl I ever write a 7500 page paper! Love you!