Wednesday, December 3, 2008

the beginning of the end

Tonight is my last tutorial. Right now I am sitting at my desk working on my last essay for Dr. Lawes. Its on Sidney's Astrophil and Stella and I got so excited about the research this week that I am now writing really late. Oh well.

I'm looking out the window at a big crescent moon that has been hangin out with me all afternoon. Its just hanging over Oxford, waiting for the sun to go away. (Keep in mind that its not even 17.00 yet and its pitch black out and the moon is high over head. )

In the next two hours I will be finished with my academic work at Oxford, save for one more long essay. But as far as my research goes I am extremely close to done. Its bitter sweet. The more work I complete the closer I am to done, except that I do not want to be done yet. This place is amazing yet everyone, myself included, is starting to feel time pull us back home. Most of us are resisting it still, it is sortof a taboo subject in the house. Everytime someone mentions going home, or leaving or packing everyone starts to yell. :)

Welp, I guess I better keep working, cause whether I like it or not 20.00 is quickly approaching.

4 comments:

Laurel said...

go ash! write well! enjoy your last tutorial! then come home to us!

Drea said...

Hi Cutie...you have certainly grown through this experience!!! You will come back to us a bit wiser, more traveled, and....well...more grown up!! :) We love you bunches and I'm certain that the new friendships you have made are cherished by everyone. Remember the little girl who was too afraid to call someone elses house? I love you!

catherinecarmen said...

I miss you dearly friend. Thank you so mcuh for the letter, it made my week. I have great plans for us when you get back. I love you. Be brillian

Kristen said...

sweet ashley,
it's so amazing that you've been in oxford all semester! i can't wait to talk to you and hear all about your travels. it seems like just last week we were talking on facebook and you said you were leaving in two days. wish we could go to alta and sip chai and talk. love you!