Monday, December 1, 2008

rain rain go away..

Lately I have definately noticed the lack of California sunshine in my life. England, if no one knew, is much closer to the north pole than Cali, and that does weird things to the sun. The sun rises around 8 in the morning, and there is a sunset around 2:45 in the afternoon, dark around 3:30. On top of the lack of daylight hours, its winter now and rains almost everyday, so most of the time even when the sun is up, I can't tell. I am really starting to miss the sun.

I feel tired a lot. I feel sad sometimes too. Most days I need lots of hugs. This morning the sun was up and shining through our window so I stood in the middle of my room for about 15 minutes in my pajamas soaking up the little bit of warmth that made it through the glass. Today all I wanted to do was sit in the sunshine, but alas, the Bodley was calling. Today I sat in the library from about 12 to 7:30 (i stopped to eat of course). It was a productive un-sun-shiney day.

2 comments:

Diana said...

Opa is sitting in the sun right now
When you get home you can get all the hugs you want. Luv ya more!!!

Amber said...

The California sun is waiting for you...it has been for a very long time...it misses your pretty face. Oh...and by CA sun I mean me. I miss you.