Saturday, December 13, 2008

saying goodbye

(from a week ago) Yesterday we had a debrief meeting at one of the local churches, St. Andrew's. We went at 10.00 and stayed till about 15.00, it was great because we got to talk as a group, make suggestions and talk about how things will look from here on out. We sat in a room with some of the most incredible academics that I have ever met and they asked us questions and honestly cared about our answers. I have never seen 60 people have such a productive, honest, deep, and intellectual conversation before in my life. There were some great comments made and I am so thankful to have been able to be apart of that conversation.



But then we said goodbye. There are a lot of people in this program that go to Biola University, which is about 20 minutes from Vanguard. That is nice, because for about 10 people I didn't really have to say goodbye. However there were some that made me tear up a bit. Some of the guys here have been so amazing this term, specifically Danny and Jon and Jonathan. So much fun. But I will see them again, for sure.

No comments: