Wednesday, March 23, 2011
Tonight
I'm sitting in my room, with all my candles going, finishing up an article for the paper-- feeling inspired. I had a great day at work today, and as soon as I got done I received a text that said,
"Meet me at the big tree by your house".
I went and found James on a blanket, in the grass, with a big Costo pizza (supreme, my favorite) and a smile waiting for me. So wonderful. We ate and then laid on our backs watching the clouds, surrounded by the new green leaves on the trees. We went back to my house and watched the original Italian Job with Bill and Dorothy. It was delightful.
We'll see how this whole writing-for-a-newspaper thing goes. I am enjoying it, though I hope my lead editor does as well. Who knew, move to Texas and suddenly become inspired again by music and art, photography and writing. Who knew.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Currently listening to:
Oh My Heart by R.E.M.
Three More Days by Ray LaMontagne
Sun Hands by The Local Natives
and
For the Windows in Paradise, For the Fatherless in Ypsilnti by Sufjan Stevens
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment