Friday, March 11, 2011

Contents of the Week

This week has been full of work and relaxing. My hours change from week to week, something I will be working on in the near future. In my spare time I've been,

-Drinking wonderful cups of coffee, currently the Komodo Dragon blend, which is earthy and herbal from the Asian Pacific coffee region.
- Reading On the Road by Jack Kerouak.  It is said to be the work that defined the "Beat Generation",  an autobiographical work that recounts, in a stream of consciousness way, his travels back and forth from New York to San Francisco and all the "kicks" in between. I've tried to start it before, but this time it clicked and pulled me in.

-Sitting in the sun with my journal and pencils.

-Listening to Ray LaMontagne's new album, God Willing and the Creek Don't Rise.

-Getting to know my new co-workers. I've discovered a few of them are artists, photographers, and readers. The afternoon crew is my favorite, they get excited when I arrive and are really fun to work with.

-Enjoying the spring season that has arrived in San Antonio. Everything is starting to turn green, finally.

No comments: