Saturday, March 26, 2011

Funnies




I've decided to become an avid and voracious follower of Mutts.

At 208 Autumn Fall we have a subscription to the San Antonio Express and each day the comics are fished out of the Life section. This one has captured my heart. It's simple, the art is wonderfully adorable and I love the friendship that Earl, the dog, and Mooch, the cat, share. Mooch has a little "sh" lisp and Earl has a really big heart. Often Patrick McDonnel will also stray completely from his main characters, like the first strip I've posted and I think it's fantastic. I also enjoy that they are still in the papers, something I wish I could still say about Calvin and Hobbes. Also another reason I like this strip, it reminds me of that timeless friendship.

1 comment:

Corrigan said...

I've always been a Get Fuzzy fan, but I may have been won over by these...