Thursday, April 1, 2010

happy birthday mom!

It's my mom's birthday today. For some reason, her's, before anyone else's in the whole world I remember the most. My mom is my inspiration in a lot of things, not only academics. She's beautiful and I love her heart, her wisdom, and her laugh. 


My mom is the reason I love to read, why I love arts and crafts and being outside in nature. She has encouraged my love of learning, instilled in me ideals like doing my best, achieving my goals and making responsible decisions about life. She has let me travel the world, wiped tears from my eyes and given me some of the best hugs I've ever had. 


This is my Aunt Gisela, my mom and I. People say we look alike...I wonder why. 
Family picture, at the ski resort 15 minutes from our house. My mom always makes sure we do this Christmas Day, she loves our family and the fun we have when we all ski together. 

She is glue that holds us together, and always encourages us to love each other and to spend time with one another. 
My mom is adventurous. She tries new things, loves to be active and outside. She's really smart too, and likes to have great conversations and love on people as well. 
She's beautiful!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

That was beautiful Ashley! Your mom is blessed to have such lovely daughters that appreciate her! I pray I will have some of those same influences on my own children!