Thursday, April 15, 2010

denouement: [dey-noo-MAHn] –noun, a final resolution of the intricacies of a plot, as of a play or novel

Well, were done. I haven't really been writing about the journal we have been putting together this semester. Mostly because the process was pretty simple and didn't warrant much updating. (Other than I drove around the same complex for a half an hour one morning looking for the printer.) This afternoon Hannah and I went to pick up the 175 copies of this year's Synecdoche and this evening we threw a party. 

It was small, the Great Commission Hall doesn't really hold many people anyway. Decorated with a sort of vintage garden theme, the candlelit ambiance was fitting. We talked and laughed drinking coffee and enjoyed deserts and strawberries (my favorite). A few writers were chosen to read pieces out of the journal and awards were passed out. I received one for "Outstanding Literary Creativity", one of three awards given. 

The evening got me thinking about endings. Denouement, this word describes the season I am in really well. I entered into my ending time at Vanguard after Spring Break, and tonight was the first time I felt emotion toward leaving. Maybe it was because I was with some of my favorite people (Sam and Beth both came which meant the world to me) or maybe speeches about our accomplishments always play a chord in me. I am more than excited about my next steps, but I'm also starting to reminisce about those that got me here.  

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Hey Ash,

Congrats on the award!

Treasure the memories in your heart. I know you have many!

Blessings,
S.