Tuesday, April 27, 2010

finals..finally.


I'm in the middle of my last week of classes and of course there are books everywhere I look. Nothing new. I have a little checklist of things to do before Tuesday next week, and slowly and surely they get checked off. 

I'm slowly beginning to reflect on these past eight semesters of my life. My favorite high school English teacher said to me once, "By the time you get the hang of college, and feel like you know how to do it well, it will be over". In my circumstance I feel there are partial truths here. Yes, I do feel like I am just now getting the hang of this, starting to really engage in what I am learning and have just developed my own academic style. Yet, I have been feeling this wind down for a while. I started school again this year in a very different place and felt a bit disconnected from it. 

I was telling a friend and professor last week, "I'm not sure I'll miss Vanguard, the place itself, but I will miss learning in a classroom setting".

But for right now I am really enjoying the morning at my desk, with a cup of Chai tea, discovering new poetry finding myself falling in love with the written word all over again.  


No comments: