Firstly, I love the way my friend Lindsey and her housemates live. Each night a different person takes the responsibility of cooking dinner and washing up afterward, for the whole house. Each week they make a grocery list and one person goes to the store and buys food for everyone. They share everything. Their living room also has four bookshelves in it.
We went over around 9 and people trickled in and out until 1.00. Tea, Scrabble, discussion about authors, future and poetry. I noticed that these people that I hang out with are among the nerdiest people I know, all will gladly admit it and I must admit that I fit right in.
"Corporate was forever regretful that they installed low flow toilets, because they cannot be snaked".
Around 11:00 we started reading poetry. Kohleun is presenting hers at a conference tomorrow, so we let her practice on us. Then we each went around and read a few pieces we've written and gave feedback. There's nothing like sitting in the silence of resonation after a friend has read out a bit of their heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment