Sunday, March 28, 2010

frustration

There wasn't really much I could do when my computer got stolen off of my desk Sophomore year, while my roommate was sleeping in our room. All my papers, save for a few I saved on the school's computers or emailed to myself–lost. 

I can't really help having to buy a computer off of a friend for 100 bucks to take to England with me that didn't have Microsoft Word on it. 

Bummer that computer died while I was in England and I had to use an ancient desktop in a cupboard/attic space to write my papers. 

I'm sorry I fell down the stairs and broke my cheep computer so now all I have are the papers from that on a flash drive, in a random .wps format that no other computer reads. 

I had no idea all of my computer troubles would come to such an awful end. I'm currently trying to put together my Senior Portfolio, after all, I am an English Major. Not business, not music, english. It's hard to put together a portfolio that reflects four years of hard work when I now can't get to, or open, or find, the work that I've done here. 

Hence, my title. 

1 comment:

Corrigan Vaughan said...

Check out zamzar.com. It converts most files to .doc from. I THINK it does .wps, but I'm not positive. You may need to tweak a couple little formatting things when it converts, but better than losing the work altogether. :o)