I drove home this afternoon.
For the first time, I think, as I drove away from Costa Mesa I felt a sense of relief. Maybe it was because I was listening to Brave Saint Saturn, or maybe because this last week was stressful and emotional, but I felt so much joy at the thought of being here tonight.
I got into Sonora as the sun was setting, and took a series of pictures that I'll upload later. Through Twain Harte I rolled the windows down and the scent of pine and pineneedles filled my car. I soon was shivering, and turned the heater on.
I forgot how much I missed twisty, open mountain roads.
I pulled into my driveway with a big smile on my face. I walked into my house and felt relieved. This house has turned into a little mountain getaway for me. Complete with a balcony that overlooks...trees. It has cozy carpet, a little kitchen and there are blankets and comfy old couches everywhere. From the backroom I can hear my dad building a fire. This weekend I plan on visiting some dear friends, and writing a paper for my favorite class. Other than that, I'm going to sleep in and relax; and hopefully see my Gram.
1 comment:
Enjoy...we miss you already!!!
Post a Comment