So, my day went like this.
I woke up on the couch this morning, around 9 still in my jeans and clothes from last night. I had fallen asleep there and Bethany's shaking and calling my name couldn't wake me up. I got in the shower and ready for chapel. Yesterday I bought the cutest new heels from the thrift store and put them on with the perfect outfit. Except for that I ended up being late for chapel, and on the way in the bottom of one of the heels broke. I also forgot a jacket on my way out and was cold most of the day. Spanish class was frustrating. We learned a whole new set of verbs in five minutes and then was expected to conjugate them without really learning how. Cool. I was frustrated and didn't understand and then when it came my turn to list off the different forms of verbs that I A) had never seen B) didn't know the meaning of and C) didn't know the form I was supposed to use. I almost started to cry. All this on top of not eating lunch and being completely overwhelmed with school. I could say I had a pretty rough day.
So my day went like this.
Brittany thought I may not have gotten to each lunch today, so she thought to bring me an apple and a cookie. Sam called me because she had heard my shoe broke and offered to bring me new ones and a jacket. When she got to the office she also had a cup of tea in her hand for me. Ryan was in the office and let me cry on her shoulder for a bit. Then she encouraged me. Cristina texted me as I was leaving the school, asking if they could come by. A bit later three of my favorite people rang the doorbell with cupcakes in hand (which are almost all gone by the way). We then went out to dinner and I laughed at Caleb, a lot. I got to talk to a good friend on the phone for a while tonight, and it made me smile, a lot. I went over to the guys' house and got to see a bunch of them that I don't see often anymore. Sebby came over after and had some tea with me.
All this to say I had a pretty great day.
1 comment:
I love this post...encouraging to me because it really is does depend on our own attitude. What a blessing to have a great community!!!
Post a Comment