Tuesday, October 6, 2009

books and tea..

I got to spend the majority of this afternoon and evening with a good friend of mine. We laid out on the grass for a while, in the peace that seems to surround Vanguard's campus. Then we went to class, and were completely filled with wisdom from one of my favorite professors. Not once during his lectures do I ever wonder what time it is, or think about what I am doing next. After much debate, and by random chance we ended up getting pizza and eating down by the water. We got there via car, windows down and music up. Illuminated by the setting sun we ate close to the entire unevenly sliced pizza, and almost got attacked by a flock of angy-at-life birds. It's funny how watching the sun set, no matter how many times, never gets old. In the end we wandered into my favorite coffee shop- they switched the art recently- with chai tea. I went home with a stack of new, to me, books and some new tea to try.

Delightful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Um, yes! How about Monday? I could just drive over after work - I think you live about three miles away.