Saturday, October 17, 2009

español

So, I am taking Spanish this year. It's not required or anything, I just really want to learn this language. Living in Southern California I feel I ought to, having a heart for people in El Salvador I feel I ought to. My professor, a man from Colombia, conducts most of the class in Spanish and is kinda tough when it comes to things like pronunciation and the ability to think up random sentences to say when conjugating verbs.

Right now I am in the midst of studying for our second test. I'm a little nervous. I usually am required to read and write and everything is very concrete. I know just what I need to do and how much effort to put in to get a good grade. With this, studying feels a bit more fluid. I can study and memorize and work on changing verbs from preparar to:

preparo
preparas
prepara
preparamos
preparais
preparan

all I want but if I need to do it for a word I don't know it becomes harder. If its a plural, harder yet and then I need to decide if its male or female. And that's just the present indicative form. These are the days I wish I was Catherine.

No comments: