Tuesday, September 15, 2009

septiembre esta aqui...



This is what fall looks like in Oxford.






The wind is started to gently blow leaves out of the trees again. The sun has slanted down just enough to throw golden light into the park around five o'clock. I wore a sweater today, with jeans, for the first time. Cool air fills my room in the morning and stays until the afternoon. I can feel the fall coming.

I made tea this evening. The house was quiet, even though there were four of us here. When I asked around each person said they wanted a cup. Huge smile on my face, I went downstairs and made a full pot of tea. Something I haven't done since coming back from Oxford. It felt like home, to make tea for everyone studying here.




The best sort of fall there is...

2 comments:

Cristina Robeck said...

Awesome!!! you should see the new tea pot that Jms mom got for a Caleb..you will LOVE it. and a small picnic basket with a tea set for RRR with little napkins and utensils. She got them in Oxford. Made me think of you ... oh ya the tea pot for Caleb is a VW bus! so great huh!!!

Cristina Robeck said...

Oh ya one more thing...just wanting to help you out...when you say September is here technically you want to say Septiembre esta aqui. esta is like "here" es is like "it is". Hope this helps!