Tuesday, September 1, 2009

my vice

Last summer I went to El Salvador on a missions trip...and up until then I had never had any. Never wanted to try it, didn't have any interest. Until that trip, when every night after dinner my team leader would request a cup of coffee.

(Thanks John Mark)

After that week I was hooked. It also did not help that soon after returning from ES I went straight to Oxford.....Crick Road to be more specific. Where tea and coffee flow in a caffeine river that only stops when the students do (which is never). My friends, and junior dean, helped me to find the perfect cup of coffee and I have never looked back.

All this to say...There is usually a french press going every morning here. But in this last week I have not had time to go grocery shopping or get a new bag of coffee. It had been about 3 days since I had had any last night. Around 9 I started to get a headache and thought it was from a lack of water. But all night said headache persisted and remained with me through my morning classes. Finally around 12 I realized....

After a run to Kean and a nice iced coffee I felt instantly better. It was a close call...a little touch and go there for a second...maybe I have a little problem.

Thanks John Mark.

1 comment:

Cristina Robeck said...

I'm glad to know that my life has such impact on others. Love you too. JM