Wednesday, September 23, 2009

the best kind of morning

I woke up this morning to my friend and roommate Michelle saying, "It's so foggy outside."

It reminds me of Oxford.

It reminds me of mornings that I would get up and sit at my desk to finish a paper, and look out over the city through the fog. Of days walking to the Bodleain early in the morning, my boots clicking on the cobblestone. I think of days when I would want to cry because I had not seen the sun in seven. Everything about it was beautiful and wonderful.

This morning I sit at my desk, excited for what the day holds, and as I look out my window over the back of the Albertsons on Harbor and Wilson somehow I feel content with where I am. At the same time it is hard to be satisfied with a puddle, when you know there is an ocean.

1 comment:

Cristina Robeck said...

amazing!!! love the ocean!!!