This morning I woke up at 11. Its the latest Ive slept since Ive been over here. But I was sooo tired last night. It felt good to be rested today.
So when I left oxford I had to pack in a hurry. We had two papers due the morning I left, so I was editing them and trying to pack at the same time. Inevitably (is that how you spell that word?) I forgot some stuff. Socks, shoes other than my flats, and shampoo. Oops. Anyway I wish I had €1 for every time I have gotten a comment about how my feet must be cold. sheesh.
So I got up and had some breakfast. THen Michaelas daughter Valeska came over with Zepp. They had lunch with us. It was fun, Zepp is a really cute old man and he likes to talk and make jokes. No mom, he didnt give me alcohol but he did ask if I had a boyfriend. He also asked about Mark. I guess tomorrow we are going to go to Strausberg with him, he is going to show me around. Thats really exciting.
After lunch Michaela and Ludwig took me to a train model museum. It was actually really cool, despite how it sounds. It shows the train that goes through the kitzig valley and everything is so intricate and detailed. The lights go down for nighttime, all the trains stop at the stations, theres little people and cars that stop at stop lights...it was cool.
Then we drove around the countryside. SO BEAUTIFUL. Everything is green and the black forest actually looked black today, except it looks like somebody sprinkled yellow and orange and red into it. They showed me the flat your mom lived in with Roswitha in Haslach. And a bunch of the little villages around. I have pics, those will come later.
Tonight after dinner Michaelas sister Eunice came over, and brought pictures. Theres one of Roswitha and Clint, when they came here. And then my favorite picture as of yet, the one of you when you were here with Gisela, you have on neon pink pants and your hair is cut really similar to mine. There is one in front of the farmhouse and then one of you guys walking up the road in Bollenbach. I took pictures of those so you can have a copy.
I think I am going to try to get up early in the morning and go for a walk around the city. I love you, a whole lot. Oh! while Eunice was here they asked to see pictures. I showed them the one of the house in the snow, the one of you and dad at yosemite and then the one at sarahs graduation, with Mark in it. Then pulled up a map of Cali and showed them where all of you guys live. and, random question, how old is anthony?
love you.
2 comments:
Hi Ash! I'm so glad your spending time with family and getting to meet more people! I hope it's not too cold there and your feet are truly not freezing! If you need something, just ask cutie! I'm sure they would be happy to help. So happy you are taking many pictures...enjoy Strassburg and Bollenbach! I love you..can't wait to talk to you on the phone about your experience.
Hey Ash,
I just got an email from Michaela that said they "left" you at the farmhouse in Bollenbach. Funny how the translation kinda changes the meaning..HA HA. Oh, I think I forgot to tell you that Stephan and his family don't speak English. :) I'm certain you'll make it through just fine! You likely don't have internet either so you won't be reading this until after the experience. Did I say I love you? I love you!
In case you've had trouble with the family history, here goes...Michaela and Ines are my cousins, their mother (Maria) and my mother were sisters. (They are burried together in the grave site in Haslach). That makes them your second cousins. Uncle Zepp was married to your tante Maria, my mother's sister. Stephan, who lives in the family home in Bollenbach, is the son of my mother's brother. He is also your second cousin and his chidren are third cousins. Valesca and Florian are also 3rd cousins. You all share the same great grand parents. Michaela and Ines also have two brothers, Magnus and Xavier..I'm not sure if you met them.
I don't know where the Fix family is (my father's family). Gisela and I only have had contact with Ralf, son of my father's brother but he does not live in Haslach. Many of them are likely still in Haslach but I'm not sure if my mother's family keeps contact with them..maybe they discussed it with you. I think there were many problems.
The nun is my Tante (aunt) Zazilia..I have her name in the middle. There was another sister in France, I met her once when I was there..think her name was Teresa.
Can't wait to talk to you about it. I'm glad Uncle Zepp took you to Strassburg, he has been a tour guide for many many years and after his recent stroke, it likely did him good to show you around. He is a real people person and lots of fun!
Love you! Mom
Post a Comment