Tuesday, October 21, 2008

please accept my apology

I am so very sorry for the lack of updating. For those living vicariously through my blog, take a deep breath and start to live again, because now that the pressure I was thrown into as soon as I got back is fading for a moment I will try my darndest to catch you up on the happenings in Oxford.

Let me tell you about my morning.

This morning I woke up (the white blinds were closed, and it was sunny this morning for the first time in 3 or 4 days, there was a lot of white light in our room and so I thought it had snowed outside while we were asleep...sorta disappointing) refreshed and ready to go. I cleaned my room, ate breakfast and headed out for a lecture entitled "Contextualizing Virginia Woolf", which was absolutely amazing and helped me a tun because I am planning on writing my long essay on the Bloomsbury group.

Then I quickly walked to Frewin Court (the main office for the SCIO program...which is oddly placed between a bar and a club) because it was really cold outside today. I opened the big red door, walked down the twisting staircase to the basement where the mail (and a random assortment of couches) is located. And what was waiting for me on the coffee table??

A PACKAGE COVERED IN STICKERS!!! I promptly opened it, feeling the anticipation of everyone in the room. Inside I discovered contents of the most wonderful nature, from two of the most wonderful children ever. Original pieces of art (that I hung on my wall as soon as I got home) 4 boxes of macaroni and cheese, a box of ritz crackers (much needed and missed snacks) and....dut duu da daaaaaa!!!!!!!!!

A CAMERA!!!! OH MY GOSH I AM STILL SO EXCITED! I can not wait to walk around the city and capture all the things I have been looking at for the last month and a half. I ran around the house showing everyone who would listen. :) Then I called the Robecks and talked to Cristina and Rebekah.

me: bekah guess what I got in the mail today!
RRR: (in a sleepy voice) what?
me: I got a big box with lots of stickers all over it..
RRR: (gasp) That was from mee!! were you excited?
me: of course I was! all my friends were really excited too.
RRR: really? did they like it?
me: yup and I was jumping up and down cause I was so happy.

Since then I have been working on a paper. Currently I have a working outline and I probably wont sleep until I have a draft. But first..dinner.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Hi Ashley!

Yeah! Glad you are back! I have missed your blogs tremendously, given that I am one of those "living vicariously" through your wonderful writings.

We just got back from a week in Russia, visiting the college we support over there. I wanted to write a blog that would be as wonderful as yours, but, alas, the bar is much higher than I can even attempt without the possibility of grave injury. :-)

Wishing you well on this next paper.

Blessings,
Sharon

Cristina Robeck said...

I can't wait to see some awesome black and white. Hope that Pentex lives up to the excitement!