Monday, August 23, 2010

open doors

My house is full of people and music. 

I think I've written this before, but I can say it again. I want to always surround myself with singer/songwriters. It's one thing to know how to play the guitar, but another completely to write lyrics, compose music and bring people together through it. 

This house has been a people house. I think back on this last year and I can't remember how many people have slept on couches, beds, floors. No idea how many have cooked and eaten in our tiny tiny kitchen. How many cups of tea? How many movies or nights around the fire? Even in the week of our moving out there are new faces tonight.

1 comment:

Johanna Lynn said...

I heard about how fun it was last night, sad I could not be there. I love that your house is a "people" house, I feel the same way about mine.

Also, I love that our blogs have the same theme, figures ;)

You inspire me, Ashley Diana!