Monday, August 30, 2010

change

What will it be like? I want to wander this new city and take in the small details that make it great. A great city it is, full of history and origin. I can't wait to take in the colors, smells, people and culture to let them become part of me. I want rolling hills, fall colors and crisp air that bring loverly things like tea, pumpkins and spice. To see old friends and make new ones, what a joy. I get to live in a big house with space and coziness– in my own room. 

I'm closing out this season of my life rather quickly. Too quickly for my liking but if anything it is teaching me to live, and live present in the moment. There are so many many things I will miss about here yet I can't help but be nervous excited for what is to come. 

For those of you who haven't heard, I will be the next Productions Editorial Intern for Island Press in Washington D.C. starting soon. 

3 comments:

Sharon said...

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

I'm SO GLAD I got to have lunch with you last week before you fly far far far far far away.

REJOICING WITH YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love you girl!
S.

Sharon said...

I forgot to add...

I just know that you will be the BEST Productions Editorial Intern Island Press has ever had!

You will WOW them with your writing, your eye for detail, and your passion for putting words and thoughts together.

And you will WOO them with your sweet spirit, powered by Holy Spirit, alive and well and in your heart.

Go get 'em!
S.

Kathy said...

AMEN Sharon! Congrats Ashley! Enjoy your new adventure! How EXCITING!! Love ya!