Thursday, August 12, 2010

I am a bee

Lately I have felt as if my time is racing away from me. Maybe it's just another one of those seasons in my life but for some reason the days go by with an irritating speed. Most of my time is spent working, saving money feels like an important thing in the next stage of life. I am at church often, or spending time with the people there but yet it seems as if I am still missing important events due to work. Then there are other things in my life that have fallen by the wayside. Books- I haven't finished a book in the last two months, something that scares me a little. I have had sweet little time to work on and push through searching for an internship. When I am I remind myself that I should study for the GRE that I would love to take this fall. Yet of course amongst these things when do I have time to look for a car? While I drive to work an hour early to find a parking spot? 

There are friends I think about often yet with the days passing by so quickly I can't seem to find gaps in my "busy" schedule to spend time with. I don't feel like I'm busy. I also feel, lately, that so many people around me are going on trips and doing fun things and I.... am not. I partly feel like I shouldn't leave because I miss so many things going on here. Except I am missing them anyway. 

My boss called this afternoon and asked if I would come in tonight– I told him no. 

No comments: